Home

How to ground CB base antenna

Looking For Great Deals On Ground Plane Cb Base Antenna? From Everything To The Very Thing

Antennas & Accessories for Base Station & Mobile Radio Applicaitons Hammer the ground rod into the ground, until about six inches are left extending up out of the ground. Wrap one end of the copper wire around the base of the antenna mast. Stretch the wire over to the ground rod. Wrap a few turns tightly around the end of the ground rod and the cut way any excess wire with the cutters The leading hazard for antenna base stations is lightning, and to a lesser extent, electrical faults. Electrical grounding, at its simplest, means giving an easy path for electrical current to follow from the top of your antenna array to a point deep in the earth; this path should be more conductive than the rest of the antenna You'll need a multi-meter to check your CB antenna mount ground. If you need to know how to use one, read this article on Testing for Continuity. An easy way to test your antenna's ground is check continuity between the CB antenna mount and your vehicle ground, because if the antenna mount is well grounded, so is your antenna

Remember to place the coaxial cable's hot side to the antenna. Use the multi-meter to discover better grounding points, move the antenna, and mount there to establish a finer ground. Metal-to-metal contact is highly effective for grounding. So scraping away at the paint at the mounting point is ideal but not recommended for aesthetic purposes To ground your CB antenna, find a suitable area at a distance of around 3-4 feet away from the antenna base. Put the ground rod into the soil and ensure its head sits about 5-6 inches above the ground. Then, with the help of a hose clamp, wire the ground to your antenna. Q: How high should a CB base antenna be Assemble your new antenna on the ground at the installation site. Keep the assembly instructions that come with it separate. On the ground, clamp the antenna to the mast, pull enough coaxial cable, and connect it to the antenna This should be at least a 10 Gauge wire, and route it in as direct a route as you can to ground. This means electrically attach it to a 8 foot ground rod driven into the earth at the base of the structure holding up the antenna, and again at a point just before the antenna cable enters the house. The outside shield of the coax ca Assembling your CB Base Antenna Place the 1 inch EMT connector through the center hole of your round electrical box. This will require you to make the initial hole larger. When putting this in, put it in in the reverse manner that you normally would

In setting up a base station it's recommended that you place a 8′ ground rod into the ground directly below the antenna. Run a #8 solid copper ground wire from the U-Clamp attaching the antenna to the mast. Add a second 1/4-20 nut to the clamp. The ground rod and ground wire are available at hardware or electrical supply stores Feb 22, 2017. #8. A ground plane is for RF performance, a ground is required for static and lightning protection. DO NOT confuse the two. If you do not ground your antenna and mast properly, your coax can draw lightning into your house and cause fires and other damage even if the radio is disconnected. N Take the electrical Tape and use it so seal up the other end of the PVC Pipe where the coax is hanging out. Install the PL-259 coax connector on the far end of the coax. Plug the Pl-259 into your CB Radio Antenna Connector, (SO-239) and mount the 20ft PVC Pipe Vertical, at the bottom, and start talking

CB Antennas - Huge Selection - CB Antennas - All Major Brand

1. I ground my CB radio base station antenna.Amazon affiliate linksAntron A99 Base Station Antenna (with Ground Plane Kit)https://www.amazon.com/Solarcon-Omni-D..
  2. How to Test the CB Antenna Mount Ground? One of the easiest ways to check is to run through the continuity. It should be seamless from the mount all the way to the ground. If it is, it means that your antenna is well-grounded. Otherwise, it isn't. You can also use a multi-meter to test the CB antenna mount ground. This device will tell you.
  3. New cb radio antenna for the back of My garage.https://paypal.me/MowerJunkieCBradios?locale.x=en_U
  4. To ground your CB antenna, find a suitable area at a distance of around 3-4 feet away from the antenna base. Put the ground rod into the soil and ensure its head sits about 5-6 inches above the ground. Then, with the help of a hose clamp, wire the ground to your antenna. Q: How high should a CB base antenna be? There's no specific mounting.
  5. Ground plane antennas are used to work with vehicles and boats mostly. A Metallic plate used in the CB antennas acts as a transmitter and receptor of the radio signals. It uses the ground metal or water as a base for transmitting the signals horizontally. Step By Step Guide To Making A Ground Plate For CB Antenna
  6. This Was going to Be My New Years Resolution Video Originally. But I'am way late on That. No Problem. My Resolution was to get This Old CB Raido out of Moth.

Standard CB antennas are antennas that require a ground plane (a metallic counterpoise) to perform properly. If your antenna is mounted on a metal roof, the entire roof surface provides a ground plane, assuming that you don't have a sunroof. The signal is transmitted downward from the antenna, then it hits the ground plane and radiates outward This video demonstrates how to use a multimeter to test the electrical ground on a CB antenna mount. Check out our CB World Help Center Article: https://www... I just like building things and thought I would try to build an antenna for my CB radios. It works awesome and turned out just as good as I hoped Кадры 102 Whip Ground Plane, Base CB Radio Antenna. Описание 102 Whip Ground Plane, Base CB Radio Antenna. Коментарии 102 Whip Ground Plane, Base CB Radio Antenna. Pretty cool! Comment from : Al Ardon: What did you use to ground your antenna? I live in an area with a lot of lightning What do you recommend

Buy It Now Available · Buyer Protection Progra

1. Land Mobile Base Ground Plane Kit Maco V58 5/8 Wave 1,200 Watt Ground Plane Antenna, Jokerman electronics Maco V58 CB Base Antenna | Right Channel Radios 4 ft. Fiberglass CB Antenna, Black 144MHz /430MHz Dual-Band Magnet Antenna with SMA-Female Connector 4 ft. Heavy-Duty Steel CB Antenna Carryout Tripod Moun
  2. utes out of a bit of PVC pipe and fittings, some wire and a SO239 coax connector and a piece of coax to connect it to your radio. You should have a 1.5 SWR on this. You should be able to
  3. imum. It is 1/10th of an inch in diameter. Make sure that you are using a solid wire rather than a standard one, as the latter become brittle quickly over time
  4. After researching ground planes, the consensus seems to be that the ground plane should ideally consist of four radial elements, angled down at 45°, and the same length as the antenna. That seems a bit long. I checked out some ¼ stainless steel rod, and 9 ft of it droops a lot, not to mention the $76 price
  5. Grounding Strap for CB Antenna Mounts. $6.95. 9 Reviews. A necessary accessory if you plan to mount a CB antenna onto a poorly grounded or non-grounded area. Pay in full or in 4 interest-free installments for orders between $50 and $1000 with. Learn more. Default Title - $6.95 USD. Added
  6. c. RF ground. This is required only for certain types of antennas-- ones which require current flow to ground to complete the antenna circuit. An example is a quarter-wave vertical. One wire of the feedline connects to the base of the antenna, and the other connects to ground

Ground Plane Cb Base Antenna On eBay - Find It All On eBa

The process involved is easier than the one explained for grounding the antenna coaxial. Get an 8 AWG copper wire. 10 AWG copper wire is also a great choice in case you can't find the 8 AWG. Connect one end of the copper wire to the antenna mast with the aid of a mast ground clamp In that case a 24 foot antenna would technically be illegal, and a shorter antenna such as a 1/4 wave or 5/8 wave would have to be used. Note that the regulation states whichever is higher. This would place the base of the antenna some 80 feet or more above the ground, but the obstruction of the building requires it. That's my take on it The best MINIMUM antenna height is one wavelength above rf ground. In the case of cb freqs, this works out to 36 feet to the base of the antenna. I have always had good success both local and dx using the 36' height. When I was in Socal, I had an antron 99 w/ ground plane kit mounted on a steel tube fastened to our chimney

Ham & CB Radio Antennas - Diamond Antenna

The CROSS Antennas are dual fed with horizontal and vertical polarization also. The CROSS is a slightly harder hitting ground wave antenna with good performance in DX. A CB'er who mainly enjoys ground wave talking will benefit the most with the CROSS. Read More Ground plane: Many vertical antennas employ what is called a ground plane. This is a simulated ground made from a sheet of conductor which typically extends out to a quarter wavelength from the antenna. Often the conductor is simulated by a number of radials, often a quarter wavelength long. . . . . . Read more about the antenna ground plane

How to Ground a CB Base Station Antenna Our Pastime

A better CB base-station antenna design I think I have tapped out the best I can do indoors, short of making a yagi antenna in the attic. I think I might get a better range improvement by having an antenna on the roof outside, but due to the difficulty of accessing the roof, I want to do this with a commercial antenna Using a Mobile CB Antenna for a Base Station. A mobile CB antenna can be used as a base antenna by mounting it on the top of a metal pipe. The metal pipe serves as ground connection for the antenna, taking the place of the body of the vehicle. Remember to run a separate ground wire to a proper grounding rod for lightning protection Ground Your Antenna Mount. If you're using a standard CB antenna (i.e., anything except a no ground plane, or NGP, kit), you'll need to make sure your antenna mount is solidly grounded to the vehicle's chassis. A bad ground will result in an un-tunable antenna and sky-high SWR levels

4. Ground the Antenna Mast. Grounding the coaxial was the hard part. Grounding the mast is easy. Simply attach an 8 or 10 AWG copper wire to the mast using a mast ground clamp and run the other end of the copper wire to the house ground. It's recommended to use a separate clamp, and not the one used to ground the coaxial to the house ground Grounding a CB antenna. Jump to Latest Follow I just used a file to grind off the powder coating around the bolts and where the antenna base is attached to the coaxial. Then after I got it all together I used a multimeter to check the resistance from the bottom of the antenna to the rear brake line bracket on the frame over the rear tire. The ground stake at the base of my inverted-L antenna provides a place for the antenna current to flow, at a true ground potential relative to the antenna potential. The buried coax between these two points blocks noise currents

How to Ground a CB Base Station Antenna - Two Way Radio

I've heard people in the past using 102 whips as base station antennas, and they did it by having a ground plane made up of horizontal wires on 4 sides under the antenna. 1. If I go this route can I use copper wire as the ground plane? Or does it have to be steel of some sorts? 2 1.01 x 12 = 12.12 (inches) So as long as I plop my magnetic mount antenna in the middle of a piece of conductive metal at least 1 foot in diameter, I'm good to go (for GMRS). Simply calculate for your own frequency. If you're doing it for a UHF mag-mount antenna for say, 150 MHz, you're looking at a ground plane diameter of 3.1 feet Sirio S-2016 Ground Plane Antenna. Sirio S-2016 Ground Plane Antenna CB Base station antenna, Omnidirectional High power. $184.99 27Mhz 3' Balcony Antenna. CB Balcony or temporary install antenna Omnidirectional Designed to work without Ground Plan.. $37.95 A99-CK Ant. + GPK-1 Kit. Antron 99 with Ground plane kit lowers angle of radiation for. angle, meaning that an antenna must be placed high above the ground in terms of the wavelength of the radio wave being transmitted. A beam type of antenna at a height of 70 feet or more will provide greatly superior performance over the same antenna at 35 feet, all other factors being equal. A height of 120 fee

How to Ground a CB Antenna - wearecb

Ahh, the good old quarter wave ground plane! This calculator can be used to design a Quarter Wave Ground Plane antenna, with radials. The radiating element is a quarter wave (λ/4) and the radials are 12% longer. There are usually four radials, three being a minimum, but you could use up to six The ground acts as a surface and reflects the radio waves so that the antenna's top half can be seen on Earth. For the ground plane to function, the conducting surface has to extend to a quarter wavelength, starting from the antenna's base. In simple words, you can replace the Earth's function with a ground plane that allows conduction

How to Ground Your CB Antenna? - CB World Informe

The average mag-mount antenna gets its ground from the magnetic attraction between the mount and the metal of the car body. This is nowhere near the quality of a good, solid ground connection to the body. We are relying here on the mount, the paint on the car, and the metal underneath to form a capacitive ground connection An antenna ground plane is not to be confused with an electrical ground. A typical mobile CB antenna does not transmit horizontally, it radiates in a downward pattern. A metal surface (the larger and flatter, the better) is required underneath the CB antenna to launch the signal out into the atmosphere 26-33 MHz Base Station Antenna ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS FIGURE 1 BASE ASSEMBLY Install the Bracket P08P to the Base Assembly BA1P (See Detail 1A). It should make a 90 degree angle with the base assembly. If not, bend the P08P until it does. Fasten one end of the Strap R02P (See Detail 1C) to the vertical end of the base section using Clamp W10P Solarcon I-MAX 2000 24 Feet CB Ham Radio Base Station Vertical Antenna. 4.4 out of 5 stars. (89) Total Ratings 89, $159.95 New. K40 Electronics Sf-300w 3 Superflex Whip ANT 1 - 4fiberglass WH. $16.99 New. TRAM Nh-4-hc 4ft Heavy-duty Steel CB Antenna. 4.5 out of 5 stars A new base antenna from the USA, very similar to the Solarcon A99, this one has the advantage of being easier to transport because it is in 4 sections rather than 3. Rated at 2000 watts, and designed to withstand the elements, this CB radio base antenna offers high performance with the added benefit of being able to break down into 4 sections

CB Radio: Update To Home Base Antenna - YouTube

2) If you are mounting the antenna on a mirror arm, or on a bar with enough space underneath, use a 'Ground Plane Kit.' These are antenna mounts with metal rods underneath to provide a groundplane for the antenna, click here. If this type of mount is not suitable, (i.e. you are mounting the antenna on a roof) then you will need to look at option 3 CB Base Antenna. (12) Write a Review. Questions & Answers. Versatile antenna has no ground plane, for all applications. 3 ft. tall omnidirectional waterproof antenna. Mounting bracket with stainless steel hardware included. See More Details. $ 33 49

Solarcon A-99 CB Base Antenna Review. When your 16 year old neighbor buys an old Navaho base station and asks you (the local CB guru of the block) what would be a good, cheap, starter antenna for him, you suggest the A99. This same scenario has been played out in different variations thousands of times over the years Sirio Antenna : Base - CB & 10M VHF (30-300mhz) UHF (0.3-3 GHz) Dual-Band Wide-Band Cellular (Mono/Multiband) DECT Wireless WLAN System WiMax System Aircraft Band (118-136mhz) Marine Band New Products News Custom Antenna Design sirio antenna, High end HF VHF UHF antenna, CB Antenna, 10 Meter Antenna, dual band antenna, wide band antenna, wireless product, cellular multiband antenna, dect. The Firestik indoor antenna was designed for two basic reason: (1) to allow CB radio operation where outside antennas are not allowed or, (2) for the CB'er who does not want to put up an outside antenna. In either case, the operator should be aware that this type of antenna is normally a compromise between rules, space and optimum performance Step 5. Coat the bolt and the bare copper end of the antenna ground with a small amount of dielectric grease. This will help keep moisture and debris from building up on the ground connection you are about to make. Wrap the bare copper wire of the antenna ground around the bolt and reinstall the bolt into the frame. 00:00

Roof Mount Antenna Kit for GMRS | Right Channel Radios

How you can Ground a CB Base Station Antenna - Hardware

Sirio S-2016 Ground Plane Antenna. CB Base station antenna, Omnidirectional. High power handling capability. Low radiation angle for excellent DX. Factory tuned at mid-band. Coil protected by transparent cover. Whip equipped with waterproof jointing sleeve. Equipped with excellent multi element ground plane Base antennas, much like no ground plane antennas, build it in. Do not use mobile antennas for base station applications unless you know how to build your own ground plane. 30. If you are installing a single antenna on one side or the other of your vehicle, best on-the-road performance will be realized if the antenna is on the passenger side. Antron 99 base CB antenna. List $139.95. Only $99.95. Base wide band antenna, power rating - 2000 watts, 2mHz Bandwidth (under 2:1 SWR), Covers far above and below the traditional CB channels, 3dB gain @ Resonance SWR 1.5 - 1 or better, DC grounded, 18' Tall ( Three 6' Sections ), Insulated up to 14,500 Volts, can be used for CB and 10 Meter bands Summery- great antenna- not easy to tune- makes my receiver sound brighter and my transmit has been reported as bigger, cuts through better. I'm comparing to a Antron 99 16 feet 1/2 wave off the ground. The Super Penetrator 500 is a 1/4 wave off the ground at 8 feet. It's already out performing the Antron 99 with the Ground plane kit Many CB base antennas are 24' in physical length, matching the antenna. 50' long antenna, but rather two 5/8 wave CB base antennas stacked on top of each other.. There is actually a. middle phasing section, the brings both 5/8 wave elements in phase electrically.. This both doubles the collinear's

K40 Trunk Lip CB Antenna | Right Channel Radios

For the newbie, for an antenna to load and function, it must be equivalent to a 1/2 wavelength. What this means, if you are using it for CB frequencies, a 1/4 wavelength would be 102 inches, so the antenna and a wire connected to the ground side of the antenna must be equivalent to 204 inches. or use the 50 feet of coax for the same result Falcon 2400 Watt 11 Meter Dipole Cb Radio Base Station Antenna. 3.9 out of 5 stars. 65. $49.99. $49. . 99. Get it as soon as Thu, Jun 10. FREE Shipping by Amazon The Maco V 5/8 is an omni-directional vertical ground plane antenna made of aircraft alloy 6063-T5 aluminum tubing with .050″ wall thickness. The antennas are manufactured here in the USA. The ground plane style of vertical antennas utilize radials that extend out from the base of the assembly to help lower the angle of radiation Choose Tram for your next antenna installation project with this Tram 1499 Cb Base Antenna. This 3' item is omnidirectional for maximum capabilities. The no ground plane antenna for all applications is versatile. Waterproof and made with stainless-steel hardware, it is durable We have a 40-channel CB (all in the Mic.) that has very bad reception. I have always understood that the antenna needs a good ground. Such as a mag, ant. mounted on the metal roof of a car. Monaco doesnt have a metal roof. My antenna is mounted on the fiberglass. Has anyone ever heard of groundin..

Video: How to ground a CB base antenna - Quor

3-Way Mirror Mount for CB Antennas | Right Channel Radios

How to Build a CB Base Antenna - myradiolab

Proper Base Station & Mobile Grounding - CB World Informe

The ground is good, all pieces of the system have been verified to be good, but the SWR is still high. What do we do now? Change the antenna to a different type. If the antenna is a base loaded antenna try a center load or a top loaded fiberglass antenna and recheck the SWR The purpose of this site is to show my antenna designs for the 11m band , and to help those that may want to build some 11m antennas !! I started off in CB radio at the age of 16 and got into antenna building because of lack of money to buy an antenna. Later on I started using software to design Yagi antennas ( YA Software ) and got really. The stand needs to be at least that high to get the antenna loop off the ground. Do not substitute a metal pole as an antenna, because the metal will interfere with the antenna. Run that part of the coaxial cable you did not modify back to the CB base unit, plug it in, and start transceiving messages To function as an antenna ground plane, the conducting surface must extend for least a quarter wavelength from the base of the antenna. Vertical antenna (monopole) with solid ground plane . In reality it is not necessary to have a full circular conducting plate for a ground plane. This would be difficult to manage in terms cost and also the.

CB base station antenna grounding question

Heavy Duty CB Antenna Mirror Mount | Right Channel Radios

Cheap and Dirty CB Base Antenna you can build in an hour

Jeep JL Teraflex CB Antenna & Flag Whip Mount | RightToyota CB Antenna Hood Mount 2007+ | Right Channel Radios

When using the MFJ 901B tuner, the 6 Band CB to 10 meters Multiband Vertical Ground Plane tunes up nicely on ALL ham bands from 40 thru 10 meters giving a great match near or at 1:1 swr on all the hf bands from 40 thru 10 meters. I found that 6 meters may be useable also. It also allows me to hear 80 meters as if I had an 80 meter dipole up Build a CB 11 metre 27 Mhz No Capacitor DDRR Antenna Quarter Wave Vertical Performance but LOW Noise (DIY in 30 minutes) Below is a shot of the original Mag wheel I had my 9 foot Whip on which is clamped to the iron roof and quarter wave whip now removed and the RG58 Coax fly lead PL259 is reconnected into the new CQDX11.com Design DDRR antenna. The DDRR is just an old piece of copper cable. The Gizmotchy® high performance horizontal and vertical beam antenna traces its roots back to the early dawn of CB history. The Gizmotchy ® antenna still retains the look of the original Gizmotchy ®, but has been improved with new designs, higher quality workmanship and state of the art materials. Gizmotchy® Antennas and Maco® Antennas are Divisions of Charles Electronics, LLC The SHOCK WAVE 5/8 CB/Ham base station antenna is easy-to-assemble, and all stainless steel screws are supplied. This antenna is second to none it blows away anything on the market in strength, power handling, performance and quality. No small coils here to cook or fiberglass to break 302-475-1351. Base Omnidirectional Antennas. E MAIL OR PHONE. 302-475-1351. ALL BASE ANTENNAS ARE WARRANTED BY THE MANUFACTURER ONLY! R & R Does Not Warranty Any Base Antenna!! Replacements Are The Manufacturers Responsibility. Prices Subject To Change Without Notice. SOLORCON A99 26 TO 28 MHZ.-18FT 6 LONG- 1/2 WAVE 6.9DBI GAIN- base station antennas cb Sort By: Featured Items Newest Items Best Selling A to Z Z to A By Review Price: Ascending Price: Descending Cushcraft AR-10 - Antenna, Vertical, HF, Ringo, 1,000 W, 10 meters, Non-tilt Bracket Mount, 17.6 ft. Heigh